Twelve Top Tips for the perfect Christmas party
We all know how important first impressions are and with just a little imagination you can easily enhance your home and impress your guests with a memorable festive party at home.
• Hosting involves a lot of planning, be prepared and make sure to research your guests so you’re not surprised with any gluten-intolerances at the last minute.
• Brighten up your Christmas table by putting cutlery into mini stockings, they look charming and the children will love them.
• Cook your turkey in a bain marie of about 2 inches of water. The turkey will absorb the water and leave a lovely juicy meat.
• Display low arrangements around the table to make sure that there is enough space to enjoy the food and conversation, for example small vases filled with cranberries.
• Use copper skillets to give your pies and puddings a rustic look. They are perfect for soufflés and look charming.
• Create unique decorations to cover your tree such as sweet treats in perplex bauble for guests to discover.
• If you really want to impress with your decorations you could pick a theme and style your party accordingly. Popular Christmas themes include: Winter Wonderland, Narnia, The Nutcracker and Alice in Wonderland.
• Pinecones decorated with small pine branches and ribbons make great place settings.
• Add a spring of rosemary and some garlic to your roast potatoes to add more flavour. Perhaps even a dash of chilli flakes for a bit of Christmas spice.
• Hang baubles of different shapes and sizes from the ceiling. Match them with the candles for a sophisticated modern table.
• Add a little orange or ginger to your cranberry sauce for added taste.
• Last but not least, enjoy yourself! If you are having a good time, your guests will have a great time as well.
Whether it’s a three course meal or drinks party, throwing a fantastic festive event does not have to be stressful. At “rhubarb” we have plenty of tricks and tips for hosting a successful party.
Sarah Hammond at “rhubarb” Cranleigh oversees all aspects of operations, from cooking the Christmas pudding to planning winter weddings and Christmas lunches. She has been passionate about the catering industry for as long as she can remember and after an extensive culinary career has built her family business to the success it is today.
When it comes to ending on a high note, send guests home happy with a fantastic festive treat. Mince pies, chocolate, dried fruits and mulled wine are all classic flavours and make the perfect gifts for your guests.
“I find the end result the most enjoyable thing about catering. I love to see a happy client, seeing everything come together to create a spectacular event is really magical.” – Sarah Hammond, Director of “rhubarb” Cranleigh
“rhubarb” offers a range of Christmas catering packages to suit all tastes and can create the perfect Christmas party in the comfort of your own home or favourite venue. The team prides itself on creating bespoke parties that are vibrant, playful and stylish.